Friday, March 28, 2008

The culture of Midtown

Now, it seems lately I've blogged a lot about my job, but things are exciting now at work. I'm getting a promotion and it's a change of scenery. I've been doing the same thing for 4.5 years now and I've been wanting a change for a while.


So, one of my first goals as GM of Midtown is to establish its identity. Since it opened, MT has always been cast in the shadow of its bigger Candler Park brother. I'm accomplishing this through branding. The Midtown store is so different that Candler Park, that it deserves more branded attention. I asked our graphics dept to come up with something more "in the city" than "in the neighborhood" and she came up with this...
The Messenger is the monthly email i'll be sending out hyping wine tastings, beer events, and champagne brunches. I want the regular Midtown logos to reflect this one.


1 comment:

Brian said...

OK, Spence... I see what you're talking about with the new identity for MT. I'll get the new MT T-shirts in the works.

BTW-- welcome to the world of Blogging! I'll link your page to mine.