Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The more things change, the more they stay the same


Last week I was offered the General Manager position at the Midtown location of the Flying Biscuit. Raving Brands could have easily asked a more qualified corporate guy to sweep in and change the beloved Midtown Biscuit, but they asked me- a near five year veteran of all things fluffy and flyin'. Very flattering. I took the job.

It's bittersweet. I am really looking foward to a new staff and trying out new ideas, but I will miss my Candler Park. It was home for nearly five years. Delia, the founder, took a chance on me after an interview on the patio. I mentioned I was a child of the neighborhood that had gone full circle: raised in a house down the street from the store, graduated from Chamblee HS, further down the street at Emory U (where I received high marks in my Student Debt major). There is a server meeting next Monday night which will be my last. I made a photo album to present to them. I arranged the pictures from earliest to latest to the best of my knowledge. I flipped through and saw all the faces of my past. Kinda made me reflect a little. I wish I started blogging then to relive those days. But I noticed one thing- thought my little cafe had changed so much over the past five years through corporate ownership, the faces looked the same as they did when I first started; happy.

No comments: